Chem Rework?

4 hours ago, Bundle said:

Seeing as this is currently what people who play chemist specifically sign up for I can imagine a number of them will not like this change. Some jobs are chosen by people because of the smaller amount of expected player interaction or the comfort of routine. Not saying it should or shouldn’t be changed, but saying some players won’t have their enjoyment lessened when the chemical dispenser gets removed is disingenuous.

This is anecdotal, I’ve seen shifts that contradict what you’re saying. But even if we assume it’s true that in general cargo does not prioritize medical, I think that when the chemical dispenser gets removed this meta will change.

There’s a distinction between getting upset at change in general and getting upset about specific changes. When considering early access we seem to agree about the former, but I think getting upset at the latter can still be reasonable.

If the Space Wizards Federation was a indie studio making a closed source game I’d agree. But instead it’s completely depended on what contributors feel like adding, changing or removing and what they have the time for. You decided to not make a PR, they’ve decided to make a PR changes a mechanic.

I don’t think this is equivalent seeing as games that hide behind early access aren’t free open source games. We’re not paying customers. The contributors don’t owe us more content, nor are they accountable to us. Apart from that I’ve heard people make the comparison that SS14 has about 10% of the content of a average SS13 server, and that game’s been in development for two decades. So I don’t think calling SS14 early access is a stretch.

Self-evident.

I only speak for myself here, but I don’t trust the community to make this game. I trust the community to speak up about what works and especially what does not work. I trust the people making the game to use this information to update the game. I don’t expect a customer at a restaurant to instruct the chef how to prepare a meal, that’s what the chef’s for. I do expect a customer to express themselves after the medium-rare steak they ordered was presented as shoe leather.

2 hours ago, kaishiba said:

There is no hope for you because you want Wizden to be an anarchy server where people can do whatever they want without rules, be racist, sexually harass people and say slurs without getting in trouble.

That’s an interesting stretch of an attack.

You gotta be pretty desperate to bring up a completely separate issue from a completely separate thread just to have something ‘useful’ to say.

While my preference would be for an anarchy server, how is that remotely relevant to the topic of game mechanic reworks?

56 minutes ago, EVIL_ED said:

That’s an interesting stretch of an attack.

You gotta be pretty desperate to bring up a completely separate issue from a completely separate thread just to have something ‘useful’ to say.

While my preference would be for an anarchy server, how is that remotely relevant to the topic of game mechanic reworks?

Because you use the “downfall of ss14”  a lot in your other threads. Nor I was talking about the chem rework.

Thinking that base systems would remain as they would forever is silly.

You have a history of making threads like this whenever changes happen and when people say how things or disagree with you you call them bootlickers, dogs or new generation kids who have soft skin.

So I can’t really take your threads seriously especially when you talk about yourself a lot more than anything else. Such as mentioning your patreon cancelation and subbing again as if it’ll change anything in the discussion. 

Because at the end of the day, this is all just doom talk.

The community can make their own ideas but I will always use the example of The Culling that community votes for everything or “just add what the community wants” is bad game design.

Since this is your goodbye post as you said, I don’t think there’s much to discuss.

Locking