Jennydeath22 - self antag + china laking other nukies

Username: jennydeath22

Ban reason: self antag + china laking other nukies
Length of ban: Indefinite
Ban Issue:
I did what I was banned for, but the ban is unreasonably harsh

Vote Opt-Out: false

Events leading to the ban

I have no qualms about the ban I just don’t know why it’s perma. Admittedly it was in bad taste and I was bored. I made a dumb decision. I just don’t see why I should never be allowed to play the game again for one bad round after hundreds of hours.

Reason the ban should be removed

Because this is my first offense.

Alternate Accounts

This is definitely not your first offense, you have notes for 4 other self antag type issues. In 3 of those, the notes indicate that you either lied, claimed ignorance, or said it was accidental. In this instance, you were contacted by an admin about the self antag prior to being a nukie and claimed that you did not realize you weren’t an antag, something which seems unlikely given your history and later actions in the round

I opened admin remarks and I only have 1 set of remarks and that was for my very last offense. at approx. 9pm. Are you keeping notes on me without keeping them in the admin remarks? If so I’d like to request those notes as it isn’t compliant with several laws both EU and California to keep private records on me in that case.

Also, is escalation typically from a verbal warning direction to perma ban. First time I’ve seen this. I’ve had no intervention from any team members other than talking up until this point.

Yes, when the ability for players to see notes was added all existing notes remained private by default.

Here are all of your current notes:

For reference, your current playtime is 156:30. All notes with 0:00 playtime are likely from before that information was added to notes.

I went and verified that you were actually contacted about each of these, and you were. Additionally, the interaction related to the most recent note ends with the admin telling you that they’re just going to give you a warning, but if you do it again “we will have to take action.” In the case related to this ban, you seem to have done it again.

If you think there is a legal issue, a ban appeal is not the correct avenue for resolving it.

This situation did not escalate from a verbal warning to a ban, you received at least 4 warnings prior to this incident. You can read my earlier reply for more information on some things that contributed to this being a suspicious situation.

So what did you mean by “this is my first offense”?

Alright, I don’t want to address these things but I will. Lucky for you I actually remember all those interactions except the top one, Despite them being over a year ago at this point when I was new to the game after being introduced to it by Sosa. My IRL friend.

Round 34126 - No recollection, can’t comment.

Round 25313 - I was dragging around a water tank for cargo back when they still sold stuff to buy stuff. The water tank bumped into the scientists in maints and they started freaking out. They were setting up to deal with an anomaly were standing super close to it. I had no intent there but I was treated like I did. I died in that anomaly too. It went critical. It threw me into space with them.

Round 23547: Was talking to that salv when HoS just came in and started harm-batoning the salvager. I was new at that point and figured that he was hurting one of my boys near round start for no reason. Was dealt with IC despite me not agreeing with it at the time. I have some perspective that cargo techs and salv dogs should be boys.

Round 20295: I really had no idea what remi is to this day. Remilia? The bat for chaplain? I did it once as a ghost role and never touched it again because I got ahelped for it and didn’t want to deal with it.

Anyways; I don’t care about this and neither do you. These are all verbal warnings that I received or was sat down and addressed regarding it. You seem to agree that these are all very old as well since it’s from a time before they were imported into whatever new system you use. They are old. They’re dating back to my initial install of the game.

Now excuse me for mis-stepping here and applying my own intuition to the situation and assuming your intent or the intent of any other janitors, but the real reason it’s escalating from a verbal warning year(s) ago to a permanant ban is because there’s now a video of me doing the griefing I did on a youtube channel for an ex-player by the name of Sosa.

He introduced me to the game and I still maintain a relationship with him as he’s my friend IRL as well. We went to a doja cat concert together once actually. If the real reason I’m banned is for associating with him just let me know. I don’t care. The betterment of your community is not in my interest whatsoever. Just make a decision whether you’ll stand by the escalation from verbal warning directly to a permanent ban because of my association. Don’t play these dumb ego stroking games with me. I admitted fault because I did play with bad intentions that last round and I don’t intend to do it again. Plain and simple.

My plan if allowed to continue playing post-ban is to keep playing the game normally. Having fun. If I’m not unbanned, then so be it as well. Then I’m not welcome on the servers. No need to make this so verbose and attempt these dumb games.

I meant this is the first time that a corrective measure of any sort has been taken against me. And those notes were regarding the ban in question - I was still able to see them as was actually in a round while they were posted. Then for a short while they were only on leviathan as they were done hastily as a reaction to the video. I continued to play on lizard as I assumed it was a leviathan only ban at the time as I wasn’t banned for lizard until the next day.

Actually insane that you guys are trying to hit me with notes that happened from over a year ago what a load of bullcrap.

Considering that the most recent note is 13 hours of playtime ago, I think it’s misleading to call them old.

No, you are banned because in the same round that you were warned for self antagging, you went on to attack your own team. In the ahelp related to the self antagging, you claimed ignorance, which continued a pattern that you exhibited in nearly all of your past notes including one that you had received at most 13 hours of playtime earlier. This all suggests that you do not intend to follow the rules. You admit that you knew you were doing something wrong but did it anyway because you were bored:

I don’t know why with all of this you feel the need to search for alternate explanations for why you’d be banned. Multiple admins attempted to correct the issues by contacting you. Despite the mounting evidence to the contrary, they took you at your word that you were just making mistakes, leaving you with warnings at a point when players would have gotten bans. You were not, you were acting in bad faith, you got banned

Yes, I acted in bad faith and got banned. I am not interested in engaging in a blog with you.

Let me restate.

I was messaged over the course of 150ish hours a total of 4/5 times I’m not scrolling up to see. Of those, every time I was messaged my action stopped that caused the ahelp. Now the most recent time I didn’t stop and chinalaked fellow nukies. It resulted in an indefinate ban. That is a direct escalation from verbal warnings to a permanant/indefinate ban. I have recieved no “corrective actions” at any point ever until now. Everything else has been in-game through the ahelp menu with nothing other than a “stop”.

I’m not here to talk to you. I’m here for clarification as to whether it is a permanent ban, or if it will be reduced. Making that as clear as possible for you.

I also made it clear for your own record that if the ban is rescinded/reduced that the behavior won’t continue, and that I understand my actions shouldn’t be repeated.

Unless there’s any other questions regarding that please do not waste my time. I’m not here to have a back and forth. I’ll give you the information I believe relevant to this to the best of my knowledge in terms of accuracy. That includes the vendetta I percieve to be held in regards to my relationship w/ sosa. That from my perspective is relevant information pertaining to this “case”.

From my knowledge my acc. notes was empty until now. Now seeing them they’re all “minor” notes aside from the most recent one resulting in the ban.

So for the final time; is there any questions or otherwise you would need to make a decision as to whether or not this is a permanant ban, or is this a corrective and temporary ban that will expire allowing me to continue playing on the server.

Thanks.

1 Like

Also to be clear - the banning was on the 4th I believe. Long after the round. Directly following the upload of the Sosa video highlighting my griefing. It was not a “corrective action” done as an immediate response. Rather, from my perspective, a snap decision brought forth hastily and sloppily as a reaction to the video that I had no involvement in its creation aside from my gameplay being featured in. And it was done leviathan specific, not arching over to lizard until a day later. Might want to make sure you ban on both servers as the same time next time.

We aren’t going to tell you if Sosa or any other player reported you if that’s what you’re asking. No one claimed that this ban was an immediate response to your actions, but it was a response to your actions.

It is not possible to apply a ban on a single server the way that Wizard’s Den infrastructure is setup

Well I was still able to connect to lizard the following day and actually got banned mid-round the next day on lizard. Can’t recall the round number if you wanted it for proof but I did record some screen footage of it and can dig if you want.

Let me be clear i’m asking only one thing: the only relevant thing. Is this perma or temp. Is this a voucher ban. What’s the nature of the ban.

I don’t know what to tell you other than it is not possible to apply a ban on a single server with the way our infrastructure is setup, and we have no reason to be able to ban someone from just Lizard or Leviathan but not the other

Alright i’ll try to find round number to show you. It doesn’t matter to me at all but It might be interesting info for future bans.

It’s indefinite, someone will start a vote when they have time to determine what happens with the appeal

Gotcha, until then signing out soldier. As stated before if there’s info wanted or needed for a decision cool, let me know. Otherwise i’m not killing braincells typing here.

1 Like

This has been put to an admin discussion and vote of which we have come to the consensus to issue a voucher requirement for further appeals.

The reasons provided in the discussion for this decision were the following:

• History and pattern of similar issues.

You may appeal your ban, but only at least 6 months after your last ban, and only with a voucher of good behavior from another SS13/SS14 server.

A voucher of good behavior should be obtained from a well-known or decently active SS13/SS14 server. If it is a mainstream server, we recommend using that server’s admin-help to ask for a voucher from one of the administrators explaining that you are trying to appeal a ban on SS14’s Wizard’s Den and want to show you have been a problem-free player during your playtime on the server. A voucher should be indicative of at least a few months of play. If the voucher is not from a mainstream server, let us know and we will figure out a way to verify it.

Appeal Denied - Voucher must be provided on any future re-appeal.

Added appeal-rejected and removed appeal-pending