JohnPigSaw - My brother tricked me into Metagaming and metacomming

Ban Reason- metacomming, technically self-antaging

Length of Ban- Permanent (I think?)

Event Leading to Ban- Me and my brother where gaming, then I just so happened to join the same server as him by coincide, and since we play games in the same room as eachother he kinda tricked me into metagaming AND technically self-antaging, he tricked me to pick up a wrench and toolbox (which was a syndie turret) and I kinda ended up getting myself killed… and banned for metagaming :

Reason it should be removed: Since my brother is the one who tricked me, and I kinda let the cat out of the bag by saying in LOOC chat that my “brother told me to do this” AND got myself killed, and tricked by my own brother, I feel like I’m the victim here since my brother kinda tricked me into metagaming my instructing me in real life to do that, and he didnt tell me that the toolbox was a turret. I apolgize, but I also feel like my brother (Xx_GenericUsername_xX) should still be banned due to him tricking me, or to have his ban at least be turnt into a 5 day temp ban.

Thanks in advance. :saluting_face:

This has been put to an admin discussion and vote of which we have come to the consensus to reduce the ban from indefinite to 1 week.

The reasons provided in the discussion for this decision were the following:

• Both you and your brother admitted to the metacomms and nature of the self antag where you did not have malicious intent.

Any further instance of metacomms or self antag will be treated more severely, maybe move to another room if possible.

Appeal accepted - ban lifted with reduction.

From Accepted to Ban Appeals