Kovlar Admin application

In-game Username:  Kovlar
Discord username: ghost_852
Characters you play:  Ernist Schnapps

On average, how many hours do you expect to admin per week:  10-30 Hours

Days you are available to admin on:  Any day of the week/weekend

How old are you?  27

Do you have any SS14 experience outside of Wizard’s Den servers, or any SS13 experience? I have about 100 hours outside of Wizards den on ss14

Do you have prior administration experience (SS13/SS14 experience preferred, please also post a way for us to verify this)? I do not

Have you ever been banned from any SS14 or SS13 servers?   No

Admins have the ability to perform various tasks which are not available to the average player. An incomplete list of these tasks is: in-game rule enforcement, in-game events, ban appeals, and out-of-game rule enforcement through things like replay/log reviews in response to player reports. With these, and any other tasks you’re aware of in mind, answer the following two questions.

What are you primarily interested in doing as an admin?  Answering Ahelps and assisting other admins with their ideas

What are you least interested in doing as an admin?  Hosting my own large event. I don’t mind helping with them or suggesting one but running one before i get proper experience is something i would like to avoid 

_ Answer the following questions in detail, so we can get a better idea of how you’d approach adminning. _

What role do you think game admins serve on our servers?
The wear many hats including keeping the servers safe from problematic players, as well as a role of game master to add a bit of extra spice in the game. As well as keeping positivity in the community. 

Why do you want to become an administrator for SS14?
I want to help out to lighten the load of the other admins. SS14 is a game I enjoy a lot and I would like to be apart of team that makes it such a good game

How do you feel about the current roleplay status on the servers?
I don’t play MRP on wizards servers currently so i have no comment on that. However I find that LRP has plenty of genuinely good RP. LRP gives a great mix of chaos and then every now and then you get a good session of RP in out of the blue and i think that’s what makes the game fun for people who mainly play LRP

Other than banning problematic players, what admin actions do you believe have the biggest positive impact?
I think player interaction and giving fun ghost roles in the right situation are great positive impacts. As well as their use of the Centcom role it makes the game feel more alive.

Have you ever had a negative experience in the game or with a game admin? If so what, if anything, would you do to prevent other players from experiencing this?
I have not had a negative experience in wizards den with admins.

Have you ever had a good experience with the game or a game admin? If so, what was it?
I have tons of good experiences with both the game and game admins ranging from when i play as a trash king in disposals running my own trash shop to having centom send me ERT janitorial suits when i fax them and when they respond to me as chaplin is always great. the amount of positivity I have gotten from admins and the game is exactly why i want to be one so i can do the same. 

The following are scenarios, respond with how you would handle each as an administrator. Respond with the assumption that you are an administrator with full access to the admin tools, and that you have all the knowledge needed to use these tools. Scenarios intentionally leave out information so that you can describe how different details would affect your response. Respond in detail, explain the reasons behind decisions you make and describe any assumptions you are making. When you need to make an assumption, it is preferred for you to describe how different assumptions would affect your actions.

It is the start of the round. There are 60 players on the server. The game mode is traitors, traitors have not been selected yet. There are three players who decided to observe the round instead of join it orbiting you. Two of them are encouraging you to “do something funny”.
If the round is just starting then i would most likely just say something funny in dead chat honestly. People deserve to get their traitor roles and get set up and i wouldn’t want to take that from anyone by doing something absurd 

This scenario takes place on LRP. The Head of Security has decided to coup the Captain. The Head of Personnel agrees with the Head of Security and has taken up arms in case it is necessary to aid in effecting the arrest of the Captain. The Captain is hiding with the Quartermaster in the cargo shuttle to avoid the Clown who has stolen the captains saber as a non-antag. There are five people named in this scenario. Please describe what actions, if any, you would take in relation to each, and why.
We can go in order starting with HoS. I wouldn’t see anything inherently wrong with doing it considering Captain abandoned the station and is hiding. so it was correct for him to get with HoP however there should have been more command in agreement before they decided it was going to happen either way I might give them a Fax from Centcom asking for a situation update or something along those lines to get a better understanding of what’s going. As for captain I feel like the in game actions of him running away in fear for his life is enough punishment and i would note down the behavior as i don’t think it should result in a instant role ban considering how chaotic things can get however depending on the situations specifics it might warrant a heads up after game with Ahelp as long as it doesn’t ruin any ones game. I don’t see Quartermaster really in the wrong much as long as he can still do his job properly considering they have no clue if the clown is or is not a antag. However the clown for sure needs a Ahelp in that situation there’s no reason the Non-antag clown should be stealing a saber and forcing the captain into hiding. It depends on if he’s a first time offender it would most likely be a warning and a note of him. 

You are ahelping a player about an issue. The player has no prior noted issues. A few days earlier, an admin had told you that this type of situation should result in a temporary ban for a first offense, and you are confident that this situation is not substantially different from the type that admin was describing. During the ahelp, another admin pings you on Discord with a link to the ongoing ahelp and tells you to just indefinitely ban them and make them appeal. Excluding trialmins and headmins, all admins are equally “ranked”. A headmin is not currently available.

To start with if the action is not substantially different from something that gets a temp ban then that is what he gets. however a admin messaging me it should be a indefinite ban is concerning considering this isn’t a known problem player so i would open a dialog with the admin about the situation to see if he is misunderstanding the situation or something happened that i didn’t see. and if needed include other admins if a conclusion isn’t clear

Application accepted, please check your discord for instructions on how to proceed. Good luck during your trial period and welcome to the admin team!

From Accepted to Admin Applications