Lizard Tail Dragging is Overtuned

Diona have the special ability of getting shot 4 times by captain pistol and taking 700 heat damage, and slimes get killed by 1 fire extinguisher?

Yes, every species has advantages and disadvantages (Though I’d say both Diona and Slime’s disadvantages are “overtuned” even though they have very strong abilities).

Id like to mention that I was also wearing an armor vest with heat protection as the Diona

Specism is a non issue, literally just Ahelp it.

1 Like

I mean, given that the solution to a problem caused by a badly thought out PR is to ruin our tails with a crazy whitelist rather than you know, fix the thing that caused the problem in the first place and fix lockers, it kind of shows there is speciesism outside the game that we can’t really ahelp.

The problem was never lizard tails. Putting any slip in front of a person wielding a weapon in a maintenance hallway is an insurmountable obstacle until they unwield and pick it up. Lockers were OP even for non-lizards dragging them and using them as invincible shields. Both of those things were major issues that have nothing to do with lizard tails and needed individual fixes. When limbs are added, people will be hunting us for our tails and cutting them off.

Fixing an abused advantage

Clearly that is ruining it :confused:

“When limbs are added, people will be hunting us for our tails and cutting them off.” Is the most unhinged sentence I ever read

For me, tail dragging is really just quality of life most of the time, i don’t think it needs a whitelist for things. though i suppose lockers could just be heavier so you can’t just drag them around as a portable shield/ not let them stop bullets as easily?

Lizard tail dragging is the most powerful ability among all species.

consider relevant situations;

• dragging the nuke as a nukie for free
  • dragging a soap with you for free to slip people in fights (soap you are dragging cannot slip you)
  • the ability to always drag something with both hands occupied (new gun wielding increases this benefit)/(melee+shield)

the ONLY downside of tail dragging is not having the ability to Ctrl+RMB -> Q to throw a something, despite that you can still do Ctrl+RMB -> Ctrl+LMB

Lizards were better balanced with minor heat resistance, tail dragging is deceptively powerful and is not comparable to damage modifiers, its effectively a 3rd hand slot with how common dragging is, and look how 4 hands worked out for arachnids. base melee doing slash is also already a great boon to the race as well as blood being food.

Coyote put it simply enough, slimes are round removed by a water tank breaking, diona are a walking fire hazard, lizards have practically 0 downsides that aren’t shared in moths and spiders for their difficulty to disguise themselves from physical descriptions.

You can also just press ‘H’ or the pulling icon on the side of your screen to stop pulling something so even though the default ‘H’ key-bind may be awkward you also are probably able to rebind it to something more convenient.
now as I haven’t read the whole thread this isn’t something in support of not in support of removing tail dragging (at-least that’s what i think this might have been talking about) but just mentioning that there is a key bind to stop dragging something.

Dragging the nuke isn’t useful in combat period. If you are running around dragging the nuke, you are making yourself less robust because that thing is heavy even with your tail.

4 hands was strong because of how shields worked. Lizards don’t have “effectively 3 hands” because they can’t wield a shield with their tail and fire a wielded gun at the same time.

New wielding did incidentally increase the lizard’s tail’s benefits though, but new wielding is really awful and a lot of people don’t like it, so it may not be around forever.

I honestly think slime, diona and moth weaknesses are way overtuned. Like, splashing a water beaker on a slime shouldn’t be able to round remove them. If they have a weakness to a reagent, it should be a reagent that should take effort to get. The problem with the lizard’s weakness is that there aren’t any weapons that do cold. Honestly, Svalinns should become a cold damage laser because right now they don’t really have a niche, and that would be a nice incidental nerf to lizards as there would be more opportunities for their weakness to be intentionally exploited in gameplay the same way other species are.

Spiders are never really mentioned in these balancing discussions because practically no one plays a spider, but free shields and free inventory slots is incredibly strong.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.