Petalmeat's Admin Application

• Wizard

Posted November 27, 2021 (edited)

Hello and thank you for trying to make our servers a marginally better place by becoming an admin.

Here are the  requirements:

• You must have at least 100 hrs of playtime on Wizard’s Den servers. Playtime over 150 hrs is highly recommended if you do not have significant experience on another ss13 or ss14 server.
  • You must be visible in Discord as well as ingame.
  • You must have good conduct in-game (e.g. no shittery).
  • You must not have been banned or role banned in the last 2 months.
  • You must be over 18 years of age.

Please fill out the following template for your application:

In-game Username:  Petalmeat
Discord username:  Petalmeat
Characters you play:  Minnie Kanaga

On average, how many hours do you expect to admin per week:  7 To 10

Days you are available to admin on:  Most if not all excluding times when i get to my computer super late. I get on late at night

How old are you?  22

Do you have any SS14 experience outside of Wizard’s Den servers, or any SS13 experience?  Both 14 and 13 

mostly all on TG Manuel

Do you have prior administration experience (SS13/SS14 experience preferred, please also post a way for us to verify this)? Not a lick

Have you ever been banned from any SS14 or SS13 servers?  Nope

Admins have the ability to perform various tasks which are not available to the average player. An incomplete list of these tasks is: in-game rule enforcement, in-game events, ban appeals, and out-of-game rule enforcement through things like replay/log reviews in response to player reports. With these, and any other tasks you’re aware of in mind, answer the following two questions.

What are you primarily interested in doing as an admin?   trying to Curb the Nrp problems on places like Lizard den and Half some lighthearted fun with the players

What are you least interested in doing as an admin?  Events. Not sure i would have many good ideas

_ Answer the following questions in detail, so we can get a better idea of how you’d approach adminning. _

What role do you think game admins serve on our servers?
AHelper to the players on the station and a fun god in the sky to make interesting RP moments to make the round the much more special

Why do you want to become an administrator for SS14?
To help Curb Nrp in Lrp and possibly Mrp servers

How do you feel about the current roleplay status on the servers?
From what ive experienced in Lrp It needs. People need to act more like actual people fearing for there life and less like careless idiots blindly running into danger. 

Other than banning problematic players, what admin actions do you believe have the biggest positive impact?
Try to understand and educate the new player who broke a rule without knowing it. coming across understanding and calm and light hearted could help foster a good look for admins in general and make us look less like wardens and more like a caring friend.

Have you ever had a negative experience in the game or with a game admin? If so what, if anything, would you do to prevent other players from experiencing this?
Nope ive seen nothing but good from admins!

Have you ever had a good experience with the game or a game admin? If so, what was it?
Plenty. I had this one time where we as ghosts followed this one person the entire shift and flashing the lights. They thought demons were following him. Later on we captured him and took him to centcom. Not sure if i will ever forget that fun experience.

The following are scenarios, respond with how you would handle each as an administrator. Respond with the assumption that you are an administrator with full access to the admin tools, and that you have all the knowledge needed to use these tools. Respond in detail, explain the reasons behind decisions you make and describe any assumptions you are making. When you need to make an assumption, it is preferred for you to describe how differences in the assumption would affect your actions.

It is the start of the round. There are 60 players on the server. The game mode is traitors, traitors have not been selected yet. There are three players who decided to observe the round instead of join it orbiting you. Two of them are encouraging you to “do something funny”.
Play Harmless mind games with secluded crew members. Maybe placing ghost blankets around to make them see SpooOky Ghost!

You see a clown using crayon to write on the floor in front of security. The clown writings are negative things about security, like “shitsec”. A secoff tells the clown that they’re being arrested for vandalism, stuns them, and cuffs them. Before the secoff is able to get the clown into the brig, a passenger slips the secoff, causing them to lose their baton, then uses the baton to stun another secoff that comes to help as the clown runs away. The passenger escapes through disposals. Having heard an AOS radio callout, the detective enters maintenance near disposals and shoots the passenger to crit. There are four players in this scenario, the clown, the passenger, the secoff, and the detective.
The clown being the least problematic just clowning around. While yes vandalism is against space law it shouldnt be more then nice way to start some Rp with the Sec off

( I would do nothing)

The secoff was to forward and should not have gone straight to a baton and cuffs. thats shitsec. what he should have done was talked to the clown about the vandalism and slapped him on the wrist and sent him on his way.

(at most i would possibly tell him to try and RP more and not go straight to baton cuff combo as it could lead to a negative look on sec but thats more of a IC learning experience not really for admins to be telling them)

The passenger assuming they are not an antag would be the person I would talk to first and give a warning to. Stealing stuff from a sec off and proceeding to Stun another officer then run away with said thing is a massive no no for a regular crew member.

(I would give them a verbal warning not to do it again)
(antag: I would do nothing, smart way to get a baton (: )

Lastly Det, assuming He heard only AOS passenger It would be kinda iffy him not knowing he had a baton him going to gun him down in disposals is super overkill and rubbers would be a better option. But me knowing the passenger has a baton that CAN stun almost justifies it in the end knowing it could lead to the Det possibly dieing. Its kinda grey in this situation

(I would do nothing)

You and another admin have been adminning for around an hour. The rate of issues has been easily manageable due to having 2 admins. Neither of you have been talking in admin chat. You are using ahelp to warn a player for breaking a rule when the other admin joins the ahelp and confirms that it is against the rules, but that it’s fine in this case and they can ignore the rule for the rest of the round. You haven’t taken any other admin actions yet, such as applying a ban or writing a note.
I would talk to the other admin in admin chat and ask him to explain why now it suddenly ok to bypass this rule for this one person. I might also bring this up in discord within admin chat for later.

I Copied too Much off the Top GaHd! shit will bug me forever

Thank you for applying. We’ve decided to not accept this application, but you’re free to apply again in the future.

From Rejected to Admin Applications