7syringe Ban Appeal

SS14 account username: 7syringe
Ban reason: Metagrudging, attacking staff
Date of ban: june 25th 2023
Length of ban: Perma
Events leading to the ban: I spawned in as the Rat King, he attacked me. I asked him why, and he called me a jackass and killed me.
Reason the ban should be removed: Previously in the day, I made a report. It was a ignored for an hour. This guy “Rat King” quickly reported me cause I let him know if he continues to kill me I will place a report. His report was IMMEDIATELY  responded to. I told the mod, hey, you know I made a report hours ago and it still hasn’t been responded to. It seems like favoritism. This upset the mod. Instead of asking me about my initial report or even acknowledging the report existed, or asking me about the situation. He immediately believed the Rat King and banned me. It is clear he has a grudge against me. I just want to play the game without being murdered by the Rat King. I just want to enjoy RP. He is fail Rping. I will make sure to change my behavior. I just hope that the admins respond to EVERYONES reports, and not just their friends, as it seems like thats what happening. It would be great to get back into the game as I love it and really enjoy this server. I am sorry for lapse in judgement. Thank you.

Hi,

Let me be the second person to tell you that our administrators are not on the server 24/7 nor do they get presented with a list of “unhandled” ahelps when joining the server, nor are they paid or required to deal with your hostility. While we try to address ahelps that come in while offline, we lack the coverage to get all of them. Your report is not being willfully ignored because we hold some predetermined disposition towards you.

image.png

Immediately coming out of the gate swinging at the administrator trying to handle an issue that’s come up since they connected by accusing them of favoritism does neither help your case in what they are attempting to contact you for or help your prior issue get addressed.

Yelling at other players in LOOC/IC that you are reporting them also does not favor your case. You then proceeded to take several ghost roles and start attacking other players unprovoked and continued to threaten them for “failrp”.

It is also pretty clear to me that you are lying in your appeal as you most assuredly swung first at the rat king before they rightfully killed you.

image.png

Tell us why we should believe this is not your usual degree of interaction with people.

I just started playing today. I do not know who the rat king is. I saw a giant monster and attacked. Once I see his name that he is on my team i stop. But instead he kills me. I come back and tell him, hey you shouldnt kill me. He calls me a jackass. This is no way to treat new players. Coming into a game, not undestanding. Being killed and called a jackass for not knowing all the roles is offputting. 

On top of that, as a new player, to place a report and not have it responded to for hours, but having another ticket against you be responded to immediately is a little concerning, hence why I responded how I did to the admin. I just started playing last night, I’m having a lot of fun and really love this game. I have had a couple experiences of minging and RDM, ive reported them today and last night, both times I did not get a response. Which is fine, I know, its not a full time job. But I wish it was a bit more balanced and new players got the same response time as regulars.  It really felt like I was banned cause the mod was upset at my message (which all things considered wasn’t particularly rude or aggro).

I appreciate your response and you putting it all together in an easy to read manner. This is my first offense. I am still learning the ropes. I hope we can work this out so I can continuing enjoying the game. I also recommend looking in forums/image boards for moderators so we can have more appropriate response times! I am sorry if upset the moderator and hope we can work this out. Thank you for your time!

I’m sorry for taking everything too personally. I was angry about rat king killing me when I shouldnt have been. I definitely did not display restraint and I will correct future behavior. I apologize to the moderator as he was just doing his job. 

You give us significant doubts that you are as new a player as you claim. You seem to have an extremely firm grasp on things like how to use LOOC, how to report players, know that administrators may have a ticketing system for reports, and general gameplay mechanics or expectations. Most players with accounts of similar age to yours still struggle with the controls and general flow of the game at this stage.

7syringe on steam. I have played DarkRp on gmod since i was a kid. I am completely new to SS14. My friends just introduced me last night. You can look at my steam account and see that I played for the first time yesterday. 

I tried to report players by using the chat feature yesterday and someone said “Press F1”, as for the rest I opened up control settings and looked at keymappings. I have no reason to lie, if I was faking a new player I would just create a new account. But as you can see this is my Steam account I use for everything. 

Well thankfully it didn’t take you long to try and evade your ban under “seven1996ftw” and we won’t have to deal with you lying through your teeth any longer.

Due to your attempt to evade your ban, you are banned indefinitely. You may appeal your ban, but only at least 6 months after your last ban evasion attempt, and only with a voucher of good behavior from another SS13/SS14 server.

A voucher of good behavior should be obtained from a well-known or decently active SS13/SS14 server. If it is a mainstream server, we recommend using that server’s admin-help to ask for a voucher from one of the administrators explaining that you are trying to appeal a ban on SS14’s Wizard’s Den and want to show you have been a problem-free player during your playtime on the server. A voucher should be indicative of at least a few months of play. If the voucher is not from a mainstream server, let us know and we will figure out a way to verify it.

From Rejected to Ban Appeals