aCobOfCorn

In-game Username: aCobOfCorn
Discord username: I like potats
Characters you play: Harmony Harrison

On average, how many hours do you expect to admin per week: 12

Days you are available to admin on: Weekends mostly, and on the weekdays whenever I find time

How old are you? 18

Do you have any SS14 experience outside of Wizard’s Den servers, or any SS13 experience? I’m afraid not

Do you have prior administration experience (SS13/SS14 experience preferred, please also post a way for us to verify this)? I’m afraid not

Have you ever been banned from any SS14 or SS13 servers? Nope

What are you primarily interested in doing as an admin? I’m mainly interesting in small stuff, the kind of events that spice up a round without really changing its trajectory, like CC inspections and the like. Stuff that makes the round just a bit more interesting.
Of course I’m also interesting in making sure the rules are actually followed, since I know how unfun it can be to deal with rule breakers, but I imagine everyone says that.

What are you least interested in doing as an admin? Honestly, any sort of big admeme events I just wouldn’t want to do. I understand they can be memorable and fun, but they’re really just not my style

Detail Questions

What role do you think game admins serve on our servers?

In my opinion, admins should both make sure the rules are followed, while providing a more enjoyable experience to people playing though admin events and fixing issues caused by bugs.

Why do you want to become an administrator for SS14?

Honestly, it both seems like it’d be fun and I do really want to help improve the game experience. Despite only playing for I think under six months I really enjoy the game a huge amount and want to help the community out, and help people enjoy the game.

How do you feel about the current roleplay status on the servers?

I play exclusively MRP, so I can’t comment on how things are in LRP, but MRP is incredibly fun. The stories you can create are so much fun. Stories of desperate sole survivors, of glorious battle, and of tragic betrayal. I highly enjoy the roleplay I do, though admittedly I’m not the best at it, and I believe it’s an important and enjoyable part of the game.

Other than banning problematic players, what admin actions do you believe have the biggest positive impact?

Probably either helping out players who are confused or experiencing bugs, as I know first hand how annoying bugs can be, and how confusing the game can be at first.

Have you ever had a negative experience in the game or with a game admin? If so what, if anything, would you do to prevent other players from experiencing this?

Most of my bad experiences in the game were from LRP, on account of the fact that rules are looser there. In MRP, it mostly comes down to people just prioritizing their own enjoyment over that of the rest of the server while still following the rules. Sadly, I’m not sure I’d have the authority to do anything if they weren’t breaking the rules.

Have you ever had a good experience with the game or a game admin? If so, what was it?

Of course I’ve had good experiences with the game, I’ve got hundreds of hours of playtime. The most recent one I can think of was a round where I barely escaped a zombie ridden station, and was the only living person to make it to CC. It was an incredibly enjoyable experience, especially the dread of realizing that yes, I was indeed the only survivor of the station.

Scenario Questions

Scenario 1

It is the start of the round. There are 60 players on the server. The game mode is traitors, traitors have not been selected yet. There are three players who decided to observe the round instead of join it orbiting you. Two of them are encouraging you to “do something funny”.

Put it to a vote with the entire station, then if the station says yes, spawn some minor admeme in.

Scenario 2

This scenario takes place on LRP. The Head of Security has decided to coup the Captain. The Head of Personnel agrees with the Head of Security and has taken up arms in case it is necessary to aid in effecting the arrest of the Captain. The Captain is hiding with the Quartermaster in the cargo shuttle to avoid the Clown who has stolen the captains saber as a non-antag. There are five people named in this scenario. Please describe what actions, if any, you would take in relation to each, and why.

The clown is clearly self-antagging, so they’d be reprimanded for that. The Head of Security and Head Of Personnel also clearly have not gone through the proper process for removing the Captain of their station, since the Captain is hiding with the Quartermaster and to my knowledge you need the agreement of every head at the station to demote the Captain.
I’m honestly unsure as to if I should tell the HoS and HoP to knock it off, then send in a squad if they don’t, or just send in a squad without warning to dispose of them.

Scenario 3

You are ahelping a player about an issue. The player has no prior noted issues. A few days earlier, an admin had told you that this type of situation should result in a temporary ban for a first offense, and you are confident that this situation is not substantially different from the type that admin was describing. During the ahelp, another admin pings you on Discord with a link to the ongoing ahelp and tells you to just indefinitely ban them and make them appeal. Excluding trialmins and headmins, all admins are equally “ranked”. A headmin is not currently available.

I’d trust the admin who pinged me, as they’d have presumably more experience then me and could see the entire issue, while the first admin described a situation that was similar, but not identical to this one.