AnghelBP

In-game Username: AnghelBP
Discord username: anghelbp
Characters you play: Chris Owens, Kellen Franks, Corbin Gibson

On average, how many hours do you expect to admin per week: 6-12

Days you are available to admin on: Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday

How old are you? 19

Do you have any SS14 experience outside of Wizard’s Den servers, or any SS13 experience? Yes, about 100 hours on multiple servers before joining Wizard’s Den servers

Do you have prior administration experience (SS13/SS14 experience preferred, please also post a way for us to verify this)? No. I would like to grow my experience now

Have you ever been banned from any SS14 or SS13 servers? Yes. I got Command role ban

What are you primarily interested in doing as an admin? In-game events, in-game rule enforcement, helping people through AdminHelp and having fun

What are you least interested in doing as an admin? I don’t find myself little interested in doing something as an admin, i am open to learn more about things. I am here to learn what i can do as an administrator and expand my experience into the game back end

Detail Questions

What role do you think game admins serve on our servers?

Depending on the situations it can be something like, helping people, dealing with bugs maybe, taking care of griefers, looking into replays on reports, spying on people, enforce rules like roleplaying. Overall the role of an admin is to make the server more bearable.

Why do you want to become an administrator for SS14?

How i said previously, i want to expand my view on the game and learn more about it. I want to take part in events and respond to people in AHelp if they need help; many times i see people asking ahelp and no one responding in my time zone (eastern europe). More than all, i want to have fun

How do you feel about the current roleplay status on the servers?

Even on the Low RP you can find people to roleplay with them, even the antags along with command. I don’t think it’s something wrong with it and more depends on the people and the decissions they take in that matter of time. I enjoyed doing RP on low RP

Other than banning problematic players, what admin actions do you believe have the biggest positive impact?

Events i might say, they do impact the game outcome and boost the players mood. I don’t say to do them often or anything, but once in a while like is now, it is great!
Another thing might be how admins spectate people and if they do something wrong or something happens, they tell them or ask why, or what happened. I personally i love when an admin tries to de escalate a situation and actually think to solve it or understand it before giving a ban.

Have you ever had a negative experience in the game or with a game admin? If so what, if anything, would you do to prevent other players from experiencing this?

I remind of a negative experience when a russian griefer start killing people in first couple of minutes and got me killed and gibbed, then admin after i ahelp, arrived and solved the problem, plus i got revived. I want to do the same and make people happy like i was then

Have you ever had a good experience with the game or a game admin? If so, what was it?

A lot of them… I remember when an admin put me in a christmass three and told every person merry christmass! and they start building around me and praise me; Another time when i was santa for christmass and i start giving people a lot of gifts and make bad people eat coal! IT WAS AWESOME; Recent one was when an admin revived me after i suicide by mistake. Overall GREAT EXPERIENCE!

Scenario Questions

Scenario 1

It is the start of the round. There are 60 players on the server. The game mode is traitors, traitors have not been selected yet. There are three players who decided to observe the round instead of join it orbiting you. Two of them are encouraging you to “do something funny”.

I wouldn’t really do something because i know how it is to have a role as antag and then something happens and suddenly you dissapear or is not funny anymore. I would talk with them maybe and tell them i can’t do

Scenario 2

This scenario takes place on LRP. The Head of Security has decided to coup the Captain. The Head of Personnel agrees with the Head of Security and has taken up arms in case it is necessary to aid in effecting the arrest of the Captain. The Captain is hiding with the Quartermaster in the cargo shuttle to avoid the Clown who has stolen the captains saber as a non-antag. There are five people named in this scenario. Please describe what actions, if any, you would take in relation to each, and why.

I would aproach captain and ask why the clown has their sabre, then i would ask the clown why they have captain’s sabre and see if the story matches and tell them to give captain his sword back, if he does what i say, he will not get punished. About hos and hop, i would ask them both why they ploting to coup the captain and tell them that they should take command roles seriously because they are impacting the game the most and should have a bit of roleplay in it. I would ask them too why they posses guns when it’s not red allert or a imminent threat and tell them to put them back and use them when it’s the time.

Scenario 3

You are ahelping a player about an issue. The player has no prior noted issues. A few days earlier, an admin had told you that this type of situation should result in a temporary ban for a first offense, and you are confident that this situation is not substantially different from the type that admin was describing. During the ahelp, another admin pings you on Discord with a link to the ongoing ahelp and tells you to just indefinitely ban them and make them appeal. Excluding trialmins and headmins, all admins are equally “ranked”. A headmin is not currently available.

If they don’t have prior noted issues and an admin told me before that this type of situation shoudl result in a temporary ban for a first offense, that’s what he’s gonna get. but if another admin in the mean time is telling me to just indefinitely ban them without a concrete reason why, i would ask them if they didn’t get maybe the situation right, or maybe i didn’t get the situation right and i need to understand why i should give them that indefinitely ban. After discussing with the admin, i will give the best option based on the situation and the information i got.