Ban Appeal

SS14 account username: rustoutlaw
Ban reason: Welder Bomb, couldn’t of been contacted
Date of ban: 03/06/2023
Length of ban:  Appeal ban
Events leading to the ban: I was adopted by a clown becoming one myself, We had came behind the counter, after a few warnings I got shot with bean bags (understandable) so we kept coming back and shoving and slipping the barman and his friends, which lead to the use of live rounds which I survived and then got egged by one of his buddies. after a bit more tomfoolery they got HoS to legally allow them to kill us when we were at the bar, even handing them more live rounds and an another shotgun. We of course came back launching pies and eggs at our enemies, they then declared war against us over the radio with a Yellow Post. We came back, got shot at, they missed and hit random bar patrons. Then I was attacked outside of bar near medbay, I gathered the tools and waited for the perfect moment where the bar was empty, slipped the fuel tank in and blew it up. Causing the bar to be ripped apart in a mix of space lube and wielder fuel, I was then rightly beat and ripped apart by about 8 people. Ghosted and played as a phone for about 20 min and never got an admin message before getting off.
Reason the ban should be removed: I had a good reason and didn’t hurt anyone to my knowledge other then the Jan’s mental state who quite after seeing the mess. 

welderbombs usually space the area, which i as a tider had to fix while the bar and hallway were uninhabitable from the lube and lack of air, it definitely hurts people.

31 minutes ago, deltanedas said:

welderbombs usually space the area, which i as a tider had to fix while the bar and hallway were uninhabitable from the lube and lack of air, it definitely hurts people.

I have almost never seen anyone die from a wielder bomb? except the bomber once due to people refusing to take him to med after he crumbled. Its not enough to kill almost ever, I would understand if I bombed a bar full of people but it was empty and the spacing was fixed by the time I walked outside and got ripped apart.

Exclusively antagonizing the bar the entire round much to everyone’s distaste does not really justify you in bombing the place.

15 minutes ago, lonesoldier55 said:

Exclusively antagonizing the bar the entire round much to everyone’s distaste does not really justify you in bombing the place.

Exclusively would be the wrong word, me and the other clown spent a majority of the game slipping people, pushing sec and fighting over soap. We only started going after bar mid game and still took many breaks in between every bar encounter staying no longer then 2-5 min before leaving for 20 to do other things. I would say the barmen did more damage to the patrons then we did, firing rounds (not sure if those ones were live) into crowds to stop us from throwing banana peals at them, resulting in patrons being hit by shotgun rounds. I thought getting attacked outside of medbay with a bat by one of the barmen gave me enough RP reason to destroy the bar using a wielder bomb. Should of definitely asked an Admin beforehand which I admit was a mistake on my part.

On 6/5/2023 at 1:06 AM, lonesoldier55 said:

Is my enquiry still being processed?

As long as it doesn’t get moved to accepted or rejected its still open. We’ve got a lot of appeals open and we try to get to them when we can.

The admin team has decided to accept this appeal. Please do not antagonize specific players, groups, or departments without proper escalation during the round, and avoid repeatedly doing so across multiple rounds. Please keep in mind the impacts your escalation has on those not involved in the conflict. Welderbombing someone is often too severe and impactful to be appropriate escalation as a non-antag.

From Accepted to Ban Appeals