Banned ingame for WGW

= Post title =

Octavian - banned for WGW

= For game bans =

SS14 account: Octavian
Character name: Not sure; it was a while back, and I often randomize character names
Type of Ban: Game ban
Date of Ban and Duration: A week or two ago, perma
Reason for Ban: “WGW”
Server you were playing on when banned: Lizard
Your side of the story: I think I posted WGW over a station announcement at some point; maybe over comms.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I’d posted/spoken WGW lines many times before without any consequence, bwoinking, or warning, so I was under the impression they were tacitly allowed.  Now I know they aren’t, I’ll refrain from posting them.  Ctrl-v’ing over comms is degenerate in general, too; I’ll be more creative and less spammy.  I’m sorry, and I vow henceforth to be the rootin-tootin’est cowboy in the western spiral arm!
Anything else we should know: The banning happened after I logged off, so I didn’t have the opportunity to defend myself/talk to the admin at the time.  I wasn’t under the impression I’d done anything anyone would ahelp for.

Hi Octavian,

We have reviewed your appeal and have come to a verdict. We will be lifting the ban.

You’ve fallen for the notorious WGW, a common space station culture meme that spreads throughout SS13 here and there. It has NSFW content on it, however, and we do not allow such context in the slightest on an SFW-only community.

Welcome back, and be mindful of what you post and such.

From Accepted to Ban Appeals