Connorisgaming

In-game Username: Connorisgaming
Discord username: Connor
Characters you play: Connor Dugmore, other wise just randoms if I dont want to play my main.

On average, how many hours do you expect to admin per week: 20 or more

Days you are available to admin on: Really any day of the week

How old are you? 24

Do you have any SS14 experience outside of Wizard’s Den servers, or any SS13 experience? I’ve played on Delta-V, CM14, and CM13. otherwise I’ve not put much time into any other servers.

Do you have prior administration experience (SS13/SS14 experience preferred, please also post a way for us to verify this)? I have little to no admin experience. I’ve was an admin on some Gmod RP and TTT servers way back, but I have no way to verify it.

Have you ever been banned from any SS14 or SS13 servers? 've never been banned from SS13. But I have been banned once from Wizard’s Den servers. I was messing around and ended up killing people, so I was temporarily banned. This was well over two months ago.

What are you primarily interested in doing as an admin? Still just playing the game as normal, being able to see more things as a ghost (stuff like what a filter is filtering, what gas is in a thing, and what people have). other wise being around to help if people need, or if the server bugs out in some way. Also running some admin testing rooms to keep ghosts having fun, or to play around well still being available.

What are you least interested in doing as an admin? The only thing I don’t look forward to is having to handle a wired case that I’m not sure what to do with. But I’m sure I can ask another admin for help. Let alone, at some point I’ll just always know what to do.

Detail Questions

What role do you think game admins serve on our servers?

To sum it up shortly, helpers, guides, and enforcers. Admins are there to help players with any game related issue they may have. They are also there to inform people of the rules and to guide anyone who may ask questions about the game. And of course, they are there to enforce the rules and make sure no one is there just to ruin it for others.

Why do you want to become an administrator for SS14?

To help keep the server running smoothly and help anyone I can. As well stopping rule breakers or full on raiders from ruining the fun for others. But also to mess around with other admins and to enjoy more out of my ghost rounds maybe at some point be able to add to the RP like ERTs or just making admin testing rooms for ghost and other admins to mess around in.

How do you feel about the current roleplay status on the servers?

I feel it’s pretty good, at least on the MRP server, so I kind of stick to that one. On the LRP servers, there are more people just messing around and being chaotic. In other words, the graytide is way more real. It can be fun but the rounds tend to be short and a lot happens quickly, so as an atmos player it’s hard to get things done before round end or some station ending event is happening. But good stories to tell form both sides, I just like MRP atmos more.

Other than banning problematic players, what admin actions do you believe have the biggest positive impact?

Being around to answer any questions someone may have is big, helping people with problems they are having with or in the game, even small things like unstucking people from walls when they climb on tables.

Have you ever had a negative experience in the game or with a game admin? If so what, if anything, would you do to prevent other players from experiencing this?

I’ve not had any bad interactions with admins. And to avoid bad interactions on my end, I will do my best to explain what I’m doing and why I may be doing it, and let people explain themselves fully before I do anything. Also, handling all my interactions with common courtesy should be a given.

Have you ever had a good experience with the game or a game admin? If so, what was it?

Imagine just saying NO, lol. I’ve had loads of good experiences with the game it’s really one of a kind the stories from the rounds and the community is a good time all around. we get shitters but eh there will always be shitters. And admins have made the game even more fun with events or adding to RP, let alone helping when I’ve had problems. A small story once as hammy I went to ATC with some cargo techs and there were like 20 alien drones… we did not make it, I like playing hammy rounds CHUU!

Scenario Questions

Scenario 1

It is the start of the round. There are 60 players on the server. The game mode is traitors, traitors have not been selected yet. There are three players who decided to observe the round instead of join it orbiting you. Two of them are encouraging you to “do something funny”.

I won’t even play into it, especially at round start, so I would just go somewhere, then close the game and reopen to stop them from orbiting if I wanted. Otherwise, maybe 30 minutes in, I set up something on a different map for the ghosts to play with or to be funny. But I won’t be doing that any time soon and will just leave that to more experienced admins.

Scenario 2

This scenario takes place on LRP. The Head of Security has decided to coup the Captain. The Head of Personnel agrees with the Head of Security and has taken up arms in case it is necessary to aid in effecting the arrest of the Captain. The Captain is hiding with the Quartermaster in the cargo shuttle to avoid the Clown who has stolen the captains saber as a non-antag. There are five people named in this scenario. Please describe what actions, if any, you would take in relation to each, and why.

So as starters, from this description, the captain and quartermaster are doing nothing wrong. And, as long as the clown is not trying to kill anyone with the saber and is, in RP playing a joke by taking the saber, that’s not against the rules. So at most I would tell the clown not to use the saber, but more likely he’s just going to dispose of it, and I won’t do anything. However, if the clown was trying to kill the captain or other crew with the saber, I would stop him and more than likely end up banning them, with the time depending on saverity. Now as for the HOS and HOP, I would let them know as heads, and therefor non-antags they can’t form a coup, and if they keep going I would have to ban them. Also would tell them to put the guns back too.

Scenario 3

You are ahelping a player about an issue. The player has no prior noted issues. A few days earlier, an admin had told you that this type of situation should result in a temporary ban for a first offense, and you are confident that this situation is not substantially different from the type that admin was describing. During the ahelp, another admin pings you on Discord with a link to the ongoing ahelp and tells you to just indefinitely ban them and make them appeal. Excluding trialmins and headmins, all admins are equally “ranked”. A headmin is not currently available.

If I, as an experienced admin, felt the temporary ban was sufficient enough of a punishment, I would stick by it. However, I may ask the other admin why he’s telling me to perm ban and make them appeal. If I felt he has a good reason or he brings up something I didn’t know or didn’t think of, then I may side with him. Also depends on the experience of the admins, including me. Like, if I know what to do, I’ll stick by that. Otherwise, I would listen to a more experienced admin.

1 Like