Kyuu(Dev)'s Application

In-game Username:  Kyuu
Discord username:  Kyuudev
Characters you play:  Tabitha Polaris, Avalon Genesis, Trixi Genesis, a few other minor characters

I understand that Admin applications may not be being assessed at the moment but I thought to put my name down anyway for now :slight_smile:

On average, how many hours do you expect to admin per week:  2-3 hours during AU weekdays, 5+ during the weekends

Days you are available to admin on:  All, minus day time AEDT (Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time)

How old are you?  26

Do you have any SS14 experience outside of Wizard’s Den servers, or any SS13 experience?  1-2 years on and off playing Paradise SS13, 150+ hours playing on Lizard Station

Do you have prior administration experience (SS13/SS14 experience preferred, please also post a way for us to verify this)? No direct experience in SS14, but I have done Administration and Developer in many different games. (FiveM, GMod, TF2, Minecraft, etc)

Have you ever been banned from any SS14 or SS13 servers?  No, current or previous bans

Admins have the ability to perform various tasks which are not available to the average player. An incomplete list of these tasks is: in-game rule enforcement, in-game events, ban appeals, and out-of-game rule enforcement through things like replay/log reviews in response to player reports. With these, and any other tasks you’re aware of in mind, answer the following two questions.

What are you primarily interested in doing as an admin?  In-game rule enforcement and in-game events, checking logs externally through other mediums (discord, etc)

What are you least interested in doing as an admin?  Replay reviews, however I am still happy to participate

_ Answer the following questions in detail, so we can get a better idea of how you’d approach adminning. _

What role do you think game admins serve on our servers?
To keep the peace in the server, make sure that everyone is enjoying themselves, create entertaining and memorable experiences for the members of the community, and make sure bad actors are not welcome.

Why do you want to become an administrator for SS14?
Because I have absolutely enjoying the community and staff team. It has inspired me to get back into roleplay and programming for games and playing this game this game has been so much fun thanks to the amazing dev team

How do you feel about the current roleplay status on the servers?
I only have experience in LRP at the moment, but the servers have been good, and is a great learning ramp for new RPers. The staff team does a great job for keeping the RP either with their events or swift punishments

Other than banning problematic players, what admin actions do you believe have the biggest positive impact?
Creating fun little interaction or events, those little bits of fun randomly always are enjoyable and make some memorable experiences

Have you ever had a negative experience in the game or with a game admin? If so what, if anything, would you do to prevent other players from experiencing this?
Not yet, either neutral or positive experiences.

Have you ever had a good experience with the game or a game admin? If so, what was it?
Nothing in particular, but all of the amazing silly events, scripted or not. The swift replies to AHelp for either player reports or just asking for a game mechanic or something.

The following are scenarios, respond with how you would handle each as an administrator. Respond with the assumption that you are an administrator with full access to the admin tools, and that you have all the knowledge needed to use these tools. Scenarios intentionally leave out information so that you can describe how different details would affect your response. Respond in detail, explain the reasons behind decisions you make and describe any assumptions you are making. When you need to make an assumption, it is preferred for you to describe how different assumptions would affect your actions.

It is the start of the round. There are 60 players on the server. The game mode is traitors, traitors have not been selected yet. There are three players who decided to observe the round instead of join it orbiting you. Two of them are encouraging you to “do something funny”.
Advise to the two spectators that the more they ask the less likely it will happen, continue to spectate the session for openings to have the traitors get assigned. If the two co-operate and continue to spectate respectfully then I may add a minor ghost role to add a little bit of fun for the whole shift not just the two asking

This scenario takes place on LRP. The Head of Security has decided to coup the Captain. The Head of Personnel agrees with the Head of Security and has taken up arms in case it is necessary to aid in effecting the arrest of the Captain. The Captain is hiding with the Quartermaster in the cargo shuttle to avoid the Clown who has stolen the captains saber as a non-antag. There are five people named in this scenario. Please describe what actions, if any, you would take in relation to each, and why.
Assess the level of roleplay being done on all sides, to make sure that the background behind the events are valid (Reason HoS and HoP are against cap, Cap is evading them in ways that would fair for all parties, etc), Make sure the Cap and QM are not just in the middle of no where un able to be found, attempt to find reasoning behind the Clowns theft and aggression, then depending on the severity of any rule breaks/interactions either stop the interaction outright, add some admin event to stop the HoP and HoS, or wait til round ends and then speak with all involved parties. While the HoS and HoP may be self-antagging depending on opinion, if they are doing it in a fair and entertaining way for everyone involved I would approve and do my best to make sure everyone is having fun. The clown if they are apart of the coup and are just “being the clown” with their aggression towards cap I would advise to try not to be as aggressive next time (actively hunting). If the shuttle was too far away making it close to impossible for them to be found, either warn or apply punishment as  necessary.

You are ahelping a player about an issue. The player has no prior noted issues. A few days earlier, an admin had told you that this type of situation should result in a temporary ban for a first offense, and you are confident that this situation is not substantially different from the type that admin was describing. During the ahelp, another admin pings you on Discord with a link to the ongoing ahelp and tells you to just indefinitely ban them and make them appeal. Excluding trialmins and headmins, all admins are equally “ranked”. A headmin is not currently available.
I would advise of previous advice from a different admin, get the opinions of the other admins online and use their perspectives to give the ban out as the general consensus deems fit. Advise in ban notes the way I came to this conclusion with evidence of their ban, at the end of a the day a ban can be modified (even though damage may be done).

Thank you for applying. We’ve decided to not accept this application, but you’re free to apply again in the future.

From Rejected to Admin Applications