Loknxss

In-game Username: Loknxss
Discord username: Loknas
Characters you play: Donald Hawking

On average, how many hours do you expect to admin per week: ~10-12

Days you are available to admin on: Mainly weekends and some weekday afternoons.

How old are you? 18

Do you have any SS14 experience outside of Wizard’s Den servers, or any SS13 experience? Yes, I’ve played a few hours of SS13. I have also played quite a bit of RMC14, very little Goob, and also some Dela-V.

Do you have prior administration experience (SS13/SS14 experience preferred, please also post a way for us to verify this)? No, I do not.

Have you ever been banned from any SS14 or SS13 servers? Never

What are you primarily interested in doing as an admin? I am primarily interested in making sure people follow rules within the game as this can be an issue when left unresolved, and also helping out with some admin events.

What are you least interested in doing as an admin? Theres not much I’m not willing to do, but out of anything I’d least want to deal with ban appeals as it seems rather tedious, but I’m willing to do it.

Detail Questions

What role do you think game admins serve on our servers?

I think they serve as a rule enforcer and as a way to keep roleplay on track. They are there to both make the game more fun and keep others from ruining the experience.

Why do you want to become an administrator for SS14?

In recent times, theres been a lack of admins on the server and I don’t want others to have to worry about it.

How do you feel about the current roleplay status on the servers?

I feel like the overall status is ok, but there are definite rulebreakers who get away with what they do because of whats happened.

Other than banning problematic players, what admin actions do you believe have the biggest positive impact?

Some of my best memories from SS14 is from admin intervention, when they do admemes or make up some fun scenarios.

Have you ever had a negative experience in the game or with a game admin? If so what, if anything, would you do to prevent other players from experiencing this?

I’ve definetly had negative experience from players, but not admins. I find that some players treat the game very competitivly even though its a roleplay game above all else. As an admin, I want to help those rulebreakers understand that they’re not above consequences and aren’t able to do whatever they want.

Have you ever had a good experience with the game or a game admin? If so, what was it?

Yes, when I was new, I sometimes didn’t fully understand that the game was roleplay above just being the best. I did some minor metagaming, though I didn’t realize it was wrong, and an admin warned me and taught me why it was wrong. Instead of banning me for something minor, they instead taught me what I did wrong so I dont do it again.

Scenario Questions

Scenario 1

It is the start of the round. There are 60 players on the server. The game mode is traitors, traitors have not been selected yet. There are three players who decided to observe the round instead of join it orbiting you. Two of them are encouraging you to “do something funny”.

I’d tell them that after that round, I’d do a vote for an admeme round. It’s not fair to the other players who didn’t observe who expected a normal round. If almost all the players want a fun round the next time around, I’d give it to them. The overarching goal is to have almost all the players have fun.

Scenario 2

This scenario takes place on LRP. The Head of Security has decided to coup the Captain. The Head of Personnel agrees with the Head of Security and has taken up arms in case it is necessary to aid in effecting the arrest of the Captain. The Captain is hiding with the Quartermaster in the cargo shuttle to avoid the Clown who has stolen the captains saber as a non-antag. There are five people named in this scenario. Please describe what actions, if any, you would take in relation to each, and why.

If the Head of Security has had a good reason to coup the Captain and I’ve either seen it happen, or his claim can be reinforced by other players I’d let him go on with it. A good reason would be something like breaking space law mutliple times over. I’d also let the HoP continue with the coup. I’d try to let QM and Cap roleplay somewhat in their refusal if they have not broken any rules. If they have broken rules I’d tell them to come back to the station as when they’ve broken the rules, their right to roleplay has been taken away. I’d also tell the clown to give the saber back and let them off with a warning that they can be a goober, but try to stay within the law in their jokes. Minor shittery is ok, but stealing major contraband is a bit bunch. Also, if any of these people are repeat offenders in this, are in the wrong in this situation, and have abussed their roles before, I’d role-ban them if they didn’t listen to my instructions. This situation can be stopped without using bans/kicks with words if this is their first time.

Scenario 3

You are ahelping a player about an issue. The player has no prior noted issues. A few days earlier, an admin had told you that this type of situation should result in a temporary ban for a first offense, and you are confident that this situation is not substantially different from the type that admin was describing. During the ahelp, another admin pings you on Discord with a link to the ongoing ahelp and tells you to just indefinitely ban them and make them appeal. Excluding trialmins and headmins, all admins are equally “ranked”. A headmin is not currently available.

If this is not a big issue, I’d temp ban them. What the player did, not what some other admin tells me what to do. Of course if a headmin with much more experience tells me to do this, I’d listen as they’re probably right. If this player has no prior issues and he’s done something simple, I’m not punishing him any more than he deserves.