Lycuros - Banned for Helping an anag as a nonantag banned and warned about this numerous of times so this is now an Indef Ban with appeals on the Forums

Username: Lycuros

Ban reason: Banned for Helping an anag as a nonantag banned and warned about this numerous of times so this is now an Indef Ban with appeals on the Forums
Length of ban: Indefinite
Ban Issue:
The ban is fair, but I would like a second chance or reduction

Vote Opt-Out: false

Events leading to the ban

I joined the game on Lizard Round 53164, the map being oasis. I played some music in the main room and then saw an announcement from the captain stating for “EVERYONE TO SCIENCE AND GO MOB THE SYNDICATE THERE. GO GO GO!!!”, so I went to science as a passenger thinking that this would be entertaining. I saw a few people in science with two syndicate crates, no antagonistic activity from them besides that. I saw John Moth in a juggernaut suit being friendly, the captain and security were friendly aswell. I assumed that if the captain wanted us to mob the syndicate member, that it probably wasn’t this person and they were another person who had looted the surplus crate. I take some loot from these crates and run away due to suddenly several hostile creatures appearing. I return looking for bodies and any remaining items. I see John Moth dead on the floor and take his juggernaut suit that I assumed he was allowed to keep since security and the captain hadn’t taken it from them. I did not know if there was any remaining hostile wildlife (As well as it being a very cool suit) and I proceeded to pick up the captain sabre on the ground after he hadn’t for a bit, planning to return it to the captain and use it incase there were more xenos. I then get bwoinked and told to hand everything in. I give the captain his sabre, and I attempt to give him the suit as well; however, he walks away. I go to security with the suit and hand it in. I inform John Moth when I am reminded that he exists since I saw him speak in common radio that his suit is in security. I go about my shift and get bwoinked later on and told I am being indefinitely banned. I then go ask in #admin-questions if I could have more information on the ban (At the time I did not realise this is what I was banned for). Afterwards, I ask if this was considered aiding an antagonist, and I get told that it is. I had also dm’d the admin that banned me if this was the reason, without response.

Screenshot 2024-05-13 213624

Reason the ban should be removed

I had not realised that John Moth was an antagonist thus it did not even cross my mind that informing him that the juggernaut suit I took was in security would be against the rules. I feel it should be reduced due to my lack of knowledge; however, not removed as I broke the rules by informing them of said fact. If I am unbanned, I will try to keep a better grasp of the situation at hand.

Alternate Accounts

This has been put to an admin discussion and vote of which we have come to the consensus to remove the ban.

The reasons provided in the discussion for this decision were the following:

• On review of the round in question you were not assisting the antag.

​​​​​​​Appeal Accepted - Ban Removed.

Added appeal-accepted and removed appeal-pending

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.