Question about MRP about hunting untags

So I was a rat king on MRP Detroit I was doing normal freindly rat king gimmick I was going to coexist I had not attacked anyone and the captain hunted me and I told other crew and other heads I was friendly and a head said on command coms that I was friendly but the cap said nothing during this whole thing I was trying to rp it out and stuff you know “nyeh what are you doing” the cap said nothing while he was hunting me yet again we were on mrp I understand hunting a antagonist but it is mrp for a reason I typed this out cause the admin at the time said it was a packed question and should take it here.

Do not suicide out of or waste important roles, including antagonist roles states that “If you don’t want to be an antagonist, don’t enable the checkbox for it on the character creation. Do not go be a “friendly antagonist” by hanging out in the bar with your syndicate gear on display as security will be encouraged to shoot you to death. Friendly antagonists do not drive the round and often cause more administrative problems then they cause interesting gameplay.” 

I don’t believe you should’ve been a friendly antagonist in the first place, especially on MRP. I can’t really exactly tell if this answers the question you have due to the text and all, so apologizes if not. 

Do correct me if I’m wrong about anything. 

4 hours ago, Quartermaster said:

Do not suicide out of or waste important roles, including antagonist roles states that “If you don’t want to be an antagonist, don’t enable the checkbox for it on the character creation. Do not go be a “friendly antagonist” by hanging out in the bar with your syndicate gear on display as security will be encouraged to shoot you to death. Friendly antagonists do not drive the round and often cause more administrative problems then they cause interesting gameplay.” 

I don’t believe you should’ve been a friendly antagonist in the first place, especially on MRP. I can’t really exactly tell if this answers the question you have due to the text and all, so apologizes if not. 

Do correct me if I’m wrong about anything. 

Rat king is a neutral role 

You are an antagonist, scavenge, attack, and grow your hoard!

explicitly states you are an antagonist in the role rules

51 minutes ago, deltanedas said:

You are an antagonist, scavenge, attack, and grow your hoard!

explicitly states you are an antagonist in the role rules

In @liltenhead’s SS14 - All Ghost Roles Explained he says:

You are not forced to be an antag despite the message

He elaborated that:

The rat king is a neutral role because your goals don’t necessarily conflict with the station’s ability to run and you are able to communicate.

But he also mentions:

It’s up to you if you want to be an antagonist and, let me be clear, anyone can basically shoot you on sight. You are a giant rat. You are kinda scary and it makes sense that Nanotrasen doesn’t really want giant rats on their station. So just because you have the option of being friendly doesn’t mean other people have to be friendly towards you.

my whole problem isn’t that cap hunted me as a antagonist I get that Im a rat BUT cap said nothing the whole hunt this was on mrp 

1 hour ago, kevinjanius said:

my whole problem isn’t that cap hunted me as a antagonist I get that Im a rat BUT cap said nothing the whole hunt this was on mrp 

Why did he have to say anything in the first place? What need was there just because it was MRP?

I don’t want to put words in @kevinjanius’ mouth, so please do correct me if I misinterpreted anything.

I don’t think they’re saying the captain HAD to say anything, more so that a number of people don’t find it engaging being hunted even while valid with no interaction other then harm mode (especially on MRP). IC the crew has enough reason to kill a rat king on sight, OOC someone in all likelihood round removes a player and ghost role without any RP in a RP game.

Server rule wise there isn’t really a problem, but interacting with another (ghost) role still affects someone else’s enjoyment.

The only problem I had with the interaction was this was on MRP and the cap didn’t rp the hunt at all the first time I say them they shot a laser at me while I was rping with the qm and I ran away he didn’t say anything while I was actively trying to rp I would be fine if he was like “I don’t want no vermin on my station” but he said nothing it just ruins the part of playing mrp and yes @Bundle my point was I wanted the cap to rp cause I was rping I should of said more of the story but that’s my fault when i responded I was super tired

5 hours ago, kevinjanius said:

The only problem I had with the interaction was this was on MRP and the cap didn’t rp the hunt at all the first time I say them they shot a laser at me while I was rping with the qm and I ran away he didn’t say anything while I was actively trying to rp I would be fine if he was like “I don’t want no vermin on my station” but he said nothing it just ruins the part of playing mrp and yes @Bundle my point was I wanted the cap to rp cause I was rping I should of said more of the story but that’s my fault when i responded I was super tired

I’m not really sure if that’s even really that bad of a problem. Sure, it’s MRP… But why should he have to really say anything on it instead of just killing you right then and there?

I don’t really play on MRP so I’m not sure my self I guess. If anyone could explain though, would appreciate it.

if I’m playing mrp i expect if I rp people rp back

In my opinion The only thing I would have seen that would be sorta needed would be a scream. I don’t think words would be even needed. I play on MRP mostly, and if I’m in character and I saw a giant rat with big claws and a pack following it I would shoot. Just how you can justify shooting friendly spiders by saying its scary.

On 11/24/2023 at 1:23 PM, gostt said:

In my opinion The only thing I would have seen that would be sorta needed would be a scream. I don’t think words would be even needed. I play on MRP mostly, and if I’m in character and I saw a giant rat with big claws and a pack following it I would shoot. Just how you can justify shooting friendly spiders by saying its scary.

they did nothing expect when I got spotted not by the cap they searched the station found me and killed me after a short chase no rp happened at all no scream or anything they just killed me after I tried to rp

On 11/24/2023 at 1:23 PM, gostt said:

Also I was a off spawn rat I had one rat 

Seeing that as a rat king doesn’t have access to comms we don’t know if the captain consulted anyone before acting. But based on the context provided by @kevinjanius I’m going to assume he didn’t. What we do know is that a head of staff informed command via comms that there’s a giant, seemingly nonantagonistic, talking rodent trespassing on Nanotrasen’s property.

With the captain being a commissioned officer (assuming to be trained and experienced), who’s responsible for the entire station, I would argue that he acted poorly, both IC and OOC. Command/sec being held to a higher standard and it being MRP.

IC he’s escalating a situation with a intruder who seems to be able to be reasoned with, possibly needlessly endangering crew and station property. Endangering himself by hunting the creature alone instead of delegating it to HoS/sec. All the while there were no reports of any hostilities against the crew. It seems he didn’t even meet what @gostt said what was sorta needed, namely screaming.

OOC is where I find myself having more of an issue with how the captain handled the situation. He removes an uncommon neutral ghost role (different from an antagonistic, nontalking, giant spider IMO), from the round and prevents any other possible interactions between the rat king, the crew and himself. The captain could’ve questioned the sanity of his command staff for trusting a giant rodent, talking out loud so the rat king is in on it. I think valid hunting like this is a less interesting way to interact with the game and a bit inconsiderate of other players’ enjoyment.

TL;DR:
Do I think the captain broke any rules? No.
Would I encourage him to interact more with other players? Yes.

Beautify worded and answered my whole issue 10/10