Samuka's Admin Application

In-game Username: Samuka
Discord username:  Samuka
Characters you play:  Mostly Kailey Hook

On average, how many hours do you expect to admin per week:  6 to 10 hours

Days you are available to admin on:  every day, the days i will probably be least available will be Wednesdays due to being the days with more classes in my collage grade this semester

How old are you?  21, will be 22 by next month

Do you have any SS14 experience outside of Wizard’s Den servers, or any SS13 experience?  I have very little experience outside the Wizard’s Den servers, having played a little of SS13 in the byond platform, playing unitystation (another attempt at remaking ss13), and playing in the Delta-v (psy) | Apoapsis

**Do you have prior administration experience (SS13/SS14 experience preferred, please also post a way for us to verify this)? **No

Have you ever been banned from any SS14 or SS13 servers?  No

Admins have the ability to perform various tasks which are not available to the average player. An incomplete list of these tasks is: in-game rule enforcement, in-game events, ban appeals, and out-of-game rule enforcement through things like replay/log reviews in response to player reports. With these, and any other tasks you’re aware of in mind, answer the following two questions.

What are you primarily interested in doing as an admin?  In-game events and admeme

What are you least interested in doing as an admin?  Responding Ban Appeals

Answer the following questions in detail, so we can get a better idea of how you’d approach adminning.

What role do you think game admins serve on our servers?
I believe the role of an admin is to ensure the safety and fun of the game for the players, and they do this by helping players with their doubts, enforcing the server’s rules by issuing warnings and bans, and lastly interacting the with the game in a way only admins can do to make rounds more unique and interesting

Why do you want to become an administrator for SS14?
I had many good experiences with admemes and other admin interventions and I think the rounds where the admins interact with the players in a positive manner are the most fun, I would like to provide that kind of experience to other players from time to time

How do you feel about the current roleplay status on the servers?
It is not bad, but could be better, Its always fun when players immerse themselves in the game, I hope as an admin i can provide them with opportunities to play in a more RP manner

Other than banning problematic players, what admin actions do you believe have the biggest positive impact?
Interacting with the players in order to improve the fun of that round or even going admeme once in a while

Have you ever had a negative experience in the game or with a game admin? If so what, if anything, would you do to prevent other players from experiencing this?
I can’t say so, my only experience is having a canister of trit deleted from evac by an admin when i planed using it to killing my target as antag, the admin forgot to check if I was antag and deleted the canister to avoid EORG, a very small mistake. to prevent that for other players I would try communicating with them before doing actions that impact the game in a negative manner

Have you ever had a good experience with the game or a game admin? If so, what was it?
I’ve had many! I had one admin how to heat mixtures without the hotplate when they didn’t work. There was a round in LRP that an admin sent a fax to command asking them to make department reviews and fax those to Centcomm, I was head of security and that change of pace and improved RP really made that round special for me. From receiving Nanotrasen inspectors in the station to having a round in reach with skeleton pirates, I think rounds with those kinds of admin interventions were the best fun i had playing ss14

The following are scenarios, respond with how you would handle each as an administrator. Respond with the assumption that you are an administrator with full access to the admin tools, and that you have all the knowledge needed to use these tools. Scenarios intentionally leave out information so that you can describe how different details would affect your response. Respond in detail, explain the reasons behind decisions you make and describe any assumptions you are making. When you need to make an assumption, it is preferred for you to describe how different assumptions would affect your actions.

It is the start of the round. There are 60 players on the server. The game mode is traitors, traitors have not been selected yet. There are three players who decided to observe the round instead of join it orbiting you. Two of them are encouraging you to “do something funny”.
Since is round start and I didn’t placed a vote to make an admeme round beforehand, I would not do something major. I would ask the ghost players what could be “something funny” and if the answer was harmless enough (not ruin the round for the traitors and crew) I would consider doing it, or maybe I could come up with something funny myself.

This scenario takes place on LRP. The Head of Security has decided to coup the Captain. The Head of Personnel agrees with the Head of Security and has taken up arms in case it is necessary to aid in effecting the arrest of the Captain. The Captain is hiding with the Quartermaster in the cargo shuttle to avoid the Clown who has stolen the captains saber as a non-antag. There are five people named in this scenario. Please describe what actions, if any, you would take in relation to each, and why.
I would ahelp the HoS and try to understand the reasons for the coup.
Given good reasons (maybe the captain was acting in way that spoiled the fun for other players or breaking the rules of the server) I would consider letting the coup continue, I believe that would be fun for the players involved to choose sides and maybe try to help either the captain or the HoS. In this scenario, by the end of the round I issue a warning to the captain so that kind of behavior would not repeat, and if was a second offense, I would issue a appealable roleban.
Not given good reasons (or no reasons at all) I would ask the HoS to not attempt a coup against the captain and warn them to not do that again. If they continued with the coup, I would use the opportunity to call a ERT security team to arrest the HoS, and maybe the HoP (but just for RP reasons) and issue a appealable roleban to the HoS after the round was over.
The HoP I believe was just playing along with the HoS so I would not ahelp or ban them.
The Quartermaster is just another that was just doing their part to protect their superior and so I would also not ahelp or ban them.
The Captain I would only ahelp if the “reasons” were given by HoS and only after the round was over, otherwise I would not ahelp them.
The Clown has to do clown things so I would analise the context.
Did the clown stole to saber for the same “reasons” as the Hos gave? or is the clown just being annoying to the captain? if the later I would ahelp and warn them to not self-antag and to return the saber (since is an important item), if the clown didn’t comply I would delete the saber from the clown and spawn another for the captain, and issue a temporary ban for the clown at round end. Otherwise I would let them be and just ahelp them at round end and ask them to not do that next time.

You are ahelping a player about an issue. The player has no prior noted issues. A few days earlier, an admin had told you that this type of situation should result in a temporary ban for a first offense, and you are confident that this situation is not substantially different from the type that admin was describing. During the ahelp, another admin pings you on Discord with a link to the ongoing ahelp and tells you to just indefinitely ban them and make them appeal. Excluding trialmins and headmins, all admins are equally “ranked”. A headmin is not currently available.
I would talk to said admin and try to understand why such situation would call for a first offense temporary appealable ban, as I think first offenses should be dealt with a warning most of the times. And so depending on my understanding from the other admin I would either go with a warning of just issue the ban. Even if all admins are equally “ranked” I would try to give more weight to an senior admin’s opinion as they have more experience.

Thank you for applying. We’ve decided to not accept this application, but you’re free to apply again in the future.

From Rejected to Admin Applications