SpaceyLady's Admin Application

Please fill out the following template for your application:

In-game Username: SpaceyLady
Discord username: ghostofcinnamoroll
Characters you play: Willow Mildew, Flame Embers, Anthea Celeste

On average, how many hours do you expect to admin per week: 5-10

Days you are available to admin on: Most days throughout the week.

How old are you? 22

Do you have any SS14 experience outside of Wizard’s Den servers, or any SS13 experience? I have a small amount of experience on frontier and delta but I clicked with Wizard’s den and so have spent the most time here.

Do you have prior administration experience (SS13/SS14 experience preferred, please also post a way for us to verify this)? Not on SS14 but I have been an admin for multiple GTA V roleplay servers.

Have you ever been banned from any SS14 or SS13 servers? No.

Admins have the ability to perform various tasks which are not available to the average player. An incomplete list of these tasks is: in-game rule enforcement, in-game events, ban appeals, and out-of-game rule enforcement through things like replay/log reviews in response to player reports. With these, and any other tasks you’re aware of in mind, answer the following two questions.

What are you primarily interested in doing as an admin? I am interested in fixing in game bugs and relaying feedback to the developers and handling players who break the rules so that everyone can enjoy the server.

What are you least interested in doing as an admin? Nothing really, I’m happy to help which whatever is needed.

Answer the following questions in detail, so we can get a better idea of how you’d approach adminning.

What role do you think game admins serve on our servers?
Admins are on hand in game to resolve bugs, respond to players who break the rules, handle questions and rule clarifications. I think admins also on discord are there to be available for questions and comments, monitor discord for anyone breaking the rules. Also in general making sure everyone is enjoying playing on the server and if there are any improvements to be made they can be relayed to the developers.

Why do you want to become an administrator for SS14?
I just want to be able to help with a game I have fallen in love with, I want to make sure everyone has fun when they are playing on the server and the game continues to develop and grow.

How do you feel about the current roleplay status on the servers?
I think that LRP and MRP provide different experiences for different demographics of players, I enjoy them both for different reasons. I think it would be cool to see HRP added in the future for players who want to have a completely unique experience which we haven’t seen in English-speaking servers yet.

Other than banning problematic players, what admin actions do you believe have the biggest positive impact?
Receiving feedback about bugs and improvements to the game so they can be implemented to ensure the game keeps growing. Also being able to help newer players with questions and teaching them how to do certain things.

Have you ever had a negative experience in the game or with a game admin? If so what, if anything, would you do to prevent other players from experiencing this?
I haven’t to be honest, every admin has always been really responsive.

Have you ever had a good experience with the game or a game admin? If so, what was it?
When I was a new player an admin really helpfully took the time and patience to explain how the game works to me, what the rules were and where I should start. It made me feel very welcomed into the community and excited to play.

The following are scenarios, respond with how you would handle each as an administrator. Respond with the assumption that you are an administrator with full access to the admin tools, and that you have all the knowledge needed to use these tools. Respond in detail, explain the reasons behind decisions you make and describe any assumptions you are making. When you need to make an assumption, it is preferred for you to describe how differences in the assumption would affect your actions.

It is the start of the round. There are 60 players on the server. The game mode is traitors, traitors have not been selected yet. There are three players who decided to observe the round instead of join it orbiting you. Two of them are encouraging you to “do something funny”.
I would say to them that it is only the start of the round and admins are not just there to spawn ‘funny’ things in or cause chaos. I would explain that the round has only just started and it’s nice to see what the players come up with on their own as they are all very creative and don’t need me to push that. 

You see a clown using crayon to write on the floor in front of security. The clown writings are negative things about security, like “shitsec”. A secoff tells the clown that they’re being arrested for vandalism, stuns them, and cuffs them. Before the secoff is able to get the clown into the brig, a passenger slips the secoff, causing them to lose their baton, then uses the baton to stun another secoff that comes to help as the clown runs away. The passenger escapes through disposals. Having heard an AOS radio callout, the detective enters maintenance near disposals and shoots the passenger to crit. There are four players in this scenario, the clown, the passenger, the secoff, and the detective.
So honestly I would handle this differently depending on whether it is an LRP or MRP server. For an LRP server I would say that firstly the secoff arresting the clown overreacted and if the clown was not resisting they shouldn’t have stunned them and even then should have started by just giving the clown a warning and asking them to stop vandalising. I’m going to assume the passenger is an antagonist, if they are not it would be seen as self-antag. I think the detective is in the wrong for shooting the passenger to crit, lethal force should only be used if lethal force was used against them which it wasn’t. There is no reason a disabler couldn’t have been used to detain the passenger before escalating to a gun. For MRP my interpretation doesn’t change much other than higher roleplay is expected therefore if clown is not antag he shouldn’t really be vandalising fullstop as it is not part of his role. As a conclusion to this assuming what I have said I would warn the detective and explain esculation rules with sec and that someone with their role time should know better.

You and another admin have been adminning for around an hour. The rate of issues has been easily manageable due to having 2 admins. Neither of you have been talking in admin chat. You are using ahelp to warn a player for breaking a rule when the other admin joins the ahelp and confirms that it is against the rules, but that it’s fine in this case and they can ignore the rule for the rest of the round. You haven’t taken any other admin actions yet, such as applying a ban or writing a note.
I know the question isn’t necessarily asking this but I would always make sure to talk in admin chat to communicate which issues I am handling so this doesn’t happen in the first place. I would talk to the other admin and explain I was handling that ahelp and that I disagree with how they handled it. I would try talk to them about and ask why they did that or why they interrupted my ahelp and went against my decision, I would probably also ask another admin for their opinion on the situation and what action we should take as a second opinion.

Application accepted, please check your discord for instructions on how to proceed. Good luck during your trial period and welcome to the admin team!

From Accepted to Admin Applications