Sphiral's Admin Application

In-game Username: [Sphiral]
Discord username: [Sphiral]
Characters you play: [Nova Cypret]

On average, how many hours do you expect to admin per week: [25-40] Depends on current life situations and events, but I play basically daily for entirely too long.

Days you are available to admin on: [24/7] Also varies, but rarely unavailable.

How old are you? [18]

Do you have any SS14 experience outside of Wizard’s Den servers, or any SS13 experience? [No. I only learned of SS14 a couple months ago.]

Do you have prior administration experience (SS13/SS14 experience preferred, please also post a way for us to verify this)? 

[While unfortunately not for SS14/13, I have a lot! I have moderated for multiple Discords, Twitch streamers, friend groups, and various other game based groups. Lots of Minecraft         based events as well. Unfortunately most proof I could give would be by mouth of other people I no longer talk to for one reason or the other. Should it be that important I could try       to reach out.]

Have you ever been banned from any SS14 or SS13 servers? [No.]

Admins have the ability to perform various tasks which are not available to the average player. An incomplete list of these tasks is: in-game rule enforcement, in-game events, ban appeals, and out-of-game rule enforcement through things like replay/log reviews in response to player reports. With these, and any other tasks you’re aware of in mind, answer the following two questions.

What are you primarily interested in doing as an admin? [in-game | out-of-game rule enforcement, helping others, and of course, admeme events.]

What are you least interested in doing as an admin? [Nothing really disinterests me, but if I had to put something, probably ban appeals.]

Answer the following questions in detail, so we can get a better idea of how you’d approach adminning.

What role do you think game admins serve on our servers?
    [Helping shape and form the round into an equally enjoyable experience, whether it be by removal of trouble makers, behind the scenes actions to keep things flowing, full on                 events to add spice, or nothing at all. I believe admins are like the fun safety net.]

Why do you want to become an administrator for SS14?
    [I already spend entirely too much time in spess game, and a lot of it observing and chatting with people trying to help answer questions and whatnot. I would also love to become a      bigger part of the community because of how much this game has encapsulated me in such a short time period. Also seeing self-antags and only being able to ahelp while                      observing is quite annoying.]

How do you feel about the current roleplay status on the servers?
    [I feel it varies daily. Sometimes it’s excellent, others it’s less a RP game, and more a mechanic-abusing-simulator. For LRP servers, it definitely needs some work, but it’s hard to             moderate that with how… interestingly dumb some people can be, along with conscious trouble makers. MRP is much better due to the added whitelist, but also feels as though             some clarification could be used in places. Although that will most likely appear once the game is more filled out with content and people who care to spend the time to clarify the         finer fine points do so.]

Other than banning problematic players, what admin actions do you believe have the biggest positive impact?
    [Answering questions, showing activity behind the scenes, and general engagement in the community. Giving people a reason to believe the game is being cared for.]

Have you ever had a negative experience in the game or with a game admin? If so what, if anything, would you do to prevent other players from experiencing this?
    [Not really. Can’t really say I’ve had anything bad happen because of admins. Worse thing I could try to blame is the lack of them. (not being online at certain points). I’m on at weird       hours, so I could help fill in the hour gaps!]

Have you ever had a good experience with the game or a game admin? If so, what was it?
    [Plenty! The game overall has brought me 500 hours of enjoyment and entertainment in about 2 months. And the community is great! So many wholesome moments. As for admin           encounters, I have made it my duty as The Admin Spotter to engage in admeme encounters as much as I can (while also trying to not be a nuisance). I’ve had many fun-and-                   knowledge-filled chats with people like Kezu, Lucky, Repo, etc. basically whenever I see them. I love just chilling with them and observing the shenaniganry, should there be any.]

The following are scenarios, respond with how you would handle each as an administrator. Respond with the assumption that you are an administrator with full access to the admin tools, and that you have all the knowledge needed to use these tools. Respond in detail, explain the reasons behind decisions you make and describe any assumptions you are making. When you need to make an assumption, it is preferred for you to describe how differences in the assumption would affect your actions.

It is the start of the round. There are 60 players on the server. The game mode is traitors, traitors have not been selected yet. There are three players who decided to observe the round instead of join it orbiting you. Two of them are encouraging you to “do something funny”.
    [Do nothing, probably not even respond. Admeme shenaniganry is only for when it would best suit the server as a whole. Not because it’d “be funny”.]

You see a clown using crayon to write on the floor in front of security. The clown writings are negative things about security, like “shitsec”. A secoff tells the clown that they’re being arrested for vandalism, stuns them, and cuffs them. Before the secoff is able to get the clown into the brig, a passenger slips the secoff, causing them to lose their baton, then uses the baton to stun another secoff that comes to help as the clown runs away. The passenger escapes through disposals. Having heard an AOS radio callout, the detective enters maintenance near disposals and shoots the passenger to crit. There are four players in this scenario, the clown, the passenger, the secoff, and the detective.

1. [For the clown, they are clowning. However I would watch them closer for anything more… shittery.]

2. [For the Secoff, they were possibly proving the clown right, and simply got robusted. Nothing wrong there.]

3. [For the Passenger, if they are an antag, they were doing nothing wrong. Otherwise, I would make note of it, check their previous remarks, and if they have a sufficient amount of negative remarks, ban them after asking “The Elder Gods” for a good timeframe. On the other hand, if this was a first time negative encounter, I would check their total play time, then bwoink them telling them not to do it again, being nicer depending on how new they were. Should they continue the shittery, I would then probably consult other admins for possible gibbage and/or banning.]

4. [For the Detective, I would watch them closer and possibly bwoink them for not using their baton/non-lethals, depending on playtime.]

You and another admin have been adminning for around an hour. The rate of issues has been easily manageable due to having 2 admins. Neither of you have been talking in admin chat. You are using ahelp to warn a player for breaking a rule when the other admin joins the ahelp and confirms that it is against the rules, but that it’s fine in this case and they can ignore the rule for the rest of the round. You haven’t taken any other admin actions yet, such as applying a ban or writing a note.
    [I would ask the other admin in Admin Chat why the rule was okay to break, and various other questions regarding the rule, so that I know for next time.]

Thank you for applying. We’ve decided to not accept this application, but you’re free to apply again in the future.

From Rejected to Admin Applications