when are they gonna remove Detroit?

For all of ss14 history, Detroit has been the worst station, with almost every play hating it to an extent that a restart round vote is called almost instantly. Obviously, the correct answer is for Detroit to be removed.

1 hour ago, bingusdingus said:

For all of ss14 history, Detroit has been the worst station, with almost every play hating it to an extent that a restart round vote is called almost instantly. Obviously, the correct answer is for Detroit to be removed.

something that wont happen

i put my ACCOUNT on that

We don’t have a map called Detroit, we do have a map named Barratry though. And if people are insta-calling shuttle or insta-vote restarting because of a map, then aHelp it. 
As for its removal, it will happen wyci + when you successfully convince project managers or maintainers that its removal is good. 

While yes, I do agree that barratry is the worst map, I do not think it should be removed.

This is, frankly and definitively, a skill issue.

If you hate the map THAT much, you simply lack the comprehension to appreciate it. Barratry is a map that focuses on the cargo and engineering departments, and basic reconstructive and building knowledge. I believe you should go back to Lizard for a while, and play some engineering and cargo rounds so that you may get good at the cargo and engineering departments. 

Ahem… !wyci

1 hour ago, Warentan said:

While yes, I do agree that barratry is the worst map, I do not think it should be removed.

This is, frankly and definitively, a skill issue.

If you hate the map THAT much, you simply lack the comprehension to appreciate it. Barratry is a map that focuses on the cargo and engineering departments, and basic reconstructive and building knowledge. I believe you should go back to Lizard for a while, and play some engineering and cargo rounds so that you may get good at the cargo and engineering departments. 

Ahem… !wyci

Listen, I really don’t care, but if a map is SO bad that when it’s rolled thats grounds for an instant round restart, then it should be removed

i always thought people were complaining about barratry as a joke, but i’m unsurprised that people took that as genuine

i think it’s cool that it looks like shit but is actually mostly functional and you can make it a goal to make it look nice

I’ve seen rounds where people successfully restarted a round on Barratry just as it started. But I’ve also seen people do a map vote and choose Barratry by like, 90% of the votes. It’s quite baffling.

stop hating barratry

git gud

13 hours ago, bingusdingus said:

Listen, I really don’t care, but if a map is SO bad that when it’s rolled thats grounds for an instant round restart, then it should be removed

There is no grounds for immediately restarting the round. We have regularly punished people for doing this. 

Baratray is quite popular and is often just hated for the meme. 

10 hours ago, RyanStrudfelt said:

There is no grounds for immediately restarting the round. We have regularly punished people for doing this. 

Baratray is quite popular and is often just hated for the meme. 

im sorry, but where in the rules does it say you can’t restart the round right after it starts?

1 hour ago, bingusdingus said:

im sorry, but where in the rules does it say you can’t restart the round right after it starts?

Common sense that you shouldn’t abuse privileges just because you have access to them?

thought a game admin for wizden should know “common sense” just doesn’t exist for some people :^)

it is weird though that i can’t find “don’t instantly restart the round” in the rules even though i’ve seen admins saying this is bannable for a full year now. the best i could find is under department specific behaviour, “do not abandon the station or your position abruptly/without warning” but it’s vague enough that i could see a captain saying “we called a vote” in response to that

a good spot to put it might be under “command and sec are held to a higher standard”, like an amendment to rule 4 under similar guidelines to traitor mass station sabotage

Everytime i see detroit get round restarted due to the vote passing i secrectly force the next two rounds to be detroit.

/s

Detroit is a hard map and it is supposed to be this way. It provides a reason for players to change up their regular gameplay and forces gameplay decisions that normaly dont happen.

good work Kayek

On 10/18/2023 at 7:11 PM, Kayek said:

Everytime i see detroit get round restarted due to the vote passing i secrectly force the next two rounds to be detroit.

/s

Detroit is a hard map and it is supposed to be this way. It provides a reason for players to change up their regular gameplay and forces gameplay decisions that normaly dont happen.

K but people hate it\

Tough, a good and large portion of the community enjoy it.

On 10/16/2023 at 10:34 PM, bingusdingus said:

I’m going to tell you that if you have criticism to give on someone else’s map or code that you do it in a constructive manner that identifies what problems you have with it and how you could potentially fix those problems.

I do not appreciate you shitting on someone else’s map demanding it gets removed because “for all of ss14 history its been the worst map ever”. Since this thread isn’t anything constructive I’m locking it.